Quality Tips To Help You Win On The Forex Market

PopTech 2009 attendees, day 3 – 39
forex

Image by Ed Yourdon
Note: with rare exceptions, I don’t know the names of any of the individuals photographed in this set. If you know of them, please feel free to add a "tag" on the Flickr page; or if you know anyone who attended Pop!Tech this year, please tell them where they can find the Flickr set, so they can see whether they’re included among all the photos…

Note: for no apparent reason, this photo was published in a Dec 13, 2010 Forex Currency Trading Exchange blog titled " The best way to Save Money on Electricity." It was also published in a Jan 16, 2011 blog titled "Free Forex Trading," and it was published in a Jan 20, 2011 blog titled "Q&A: Is China’s currency too strong?" It was also published in an undated (late Feb 2011) "Currency Trading Tutorial Reviews" blog titled "Why is it bad to restrain free trade only if we do it? Do we really want free trade, or cheap prices?" And it was published in an Aug 1, 2011 blog titled "Mobile phones offer- the best contract deals." It was also published in a Dec 26, 2011 blog titled "Q&A: Which is the best mobile phone carrier in Exeter, UK?"

Moving into 2012, the photo was published in a Jul 24, 2012 blog titled "Simple Strategies That The Pros Use In The Forex Market."

*********************************************************

For approximately the sixth time since 2001, I attended the annual Pop!Tech conference in Camden, Maine; it’s always held in October, and this year, it took place on Oct 22-24. People often ask me what Pop!Tech is all about, and the simple answer is that it deals with the interaction between technology and society — most often in the form of lectures and presentations about the innovative ways that people around the world are using today’s technology to make a positive impact on a wide range of social problems. But rather than depending on my summary of what it’s all about, I recommend that you visit the Pop!Tech web site for more information.

Unlike previous years, I photographed almost every Powerpoint slide presented by each of the speakers throughout the conference. Combined with the photos that I took of conference attendees, that resulted in some 600 images on the first day — which I whittled down to 450 on this Flickr set, but that’s an overwhelming collection for anyone to look at.

For the second and third day of the conference, I decided to separate the photos of attendees from the straightforward photos of speakers and their Powerpoint slides; the speaker/presentation slides from the second and third day of the conference will appear in separate Flickr sets. This set contains about 50 images of attendees from the final day of the conference, and it will give you a good sense of the kind of people who invest their time and money to trek all the way to Camden, Maine to sit on uncomfortable seats for three days indulging in a sensory overload of materials from dozens of impassioned speakers. The attendees are from all over the U.S., and from several other countries too; they include both young and old; men and women; students and professors; academics and practitioners.

Aside from the energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to social change (with or without technology), the other thing that is obviously shared among all of these attendees is the gadgetry they use to stay in touch with the world. You’ll see a predominance of Mac laptops in these photos; and you’ll also see a lot of iPhones and other "smart phones." Keep in mind that people were not chatting on their phones during these presentations; instead, they were using their smart-phones to email, Twitter, chat, and browse the Web.

A couple of technical notes: I used a Nikon D700 for all of these photos, mostly with a 70-300mm zoom lens. I sat in the balcony section of the Camden Opera House, where the conference took place, so I was primarily photographing other people in the balcony section. An equally large number of attendees were seated on the main floor of the building, but I didn’t see much point in photographing the tops of their heads. Because I could increase the ISO setting on the camera all the way up to 6400, I was able to get reasonably good images without a flash. The lights were turned on while I was photographing, but it was fairly dim in some areas; I did my best to compensate with an appropriate "white balance" setting on the camera.

Some may pull back when they are thinking of investing in the forex market. Perhaps for some people, they feel FOREX trading presents too much of a challenge. When investing money, it’s wise to use caution. Educate yourself before you consider investing. The market is constantly changing, and thus you need to keep up with the fluctuations. The below article provides some advice for helping you achieve this.

It’s a good idea to give yourself a break from the intensity of forex trading. Whether the break is for a few hours or days, it will help you keep your balance. Take a break from the excitement every so often to give your mind a rest.

A fairly safe investment historically is the Canadian dollar. Sometimes forex is hard because it can be difficult to stay current with news in another nation. The dollar in Canada tends to go up and down at the same rate as the U. S. dollar tend to follow similar trends, making Canadian money a sound investment.

You should select a strategy for trading that fits into your everyday life. If your schedule only allows a few hours for trading, your strategy might be built around delayed orders and a monthly time frame.

Attempting to overextend yourself with trades will be disastrous for both your pocketbook and your mental well-being. It may be that you will make greater profits by making fewer trades.

There’s a wealth of information about Forex trading in the Internet’s vaults. Just do a quick search every time you want to know something. Having a thorough understanding of how the Forex market works is the best way to prepare for your trading venture. Some of the information you find may be quite detailed and confusing, especially if you’re a beginner. If this is the case, try joining a Forex forum, so you can interact with experienced traders who can answer any questions you may have.

Do not invest in the Forex market until you have practiced on a demo account. Don’t jump from a demo account to a real one for at least two months. Only about 10% of beginners gain any money from forex when they start out; make sure your odds of success are as high as possible before beginning. About 90% of beginners fail, because they did not take the time to become familiar with the market, before they started trading.

Always remain professional while trading forex. Remain calm at all times. Remain clear-headed. Panicking will not help you. The action is fast, so you need to be clear-headed in order to make snap judgments.

Create a plan. Without a plan in place, you are set up for failure. Having a plan to follow reduces the temptation of emotion-based trading, which can be harmful.

There are a number of ways to analyze each trade to determine whether it’s in your best interest. Types of analysis include technical, fundamental and sentimental. By using one instead of all three, you are not doing the best you could. As you become better with forex, you will be more effective at juggling these various styles.

There are many different places in forex markets. Unless the entire world suffers from a disaster, the forex market will be fine. There is no panic to sell everything when something happens. If the disaster is not occurring within your currency pair, you will want to watch for ripple effects. Otherwise, act accordingly if you hold the currency pair involved.

There are many decisions an individual has to make in the forex market. Because of this, there are many people that are reluctant to give it a try. However, if you are prepared, or are already trading, this advice will help. Never stop learning new things and exploring different opportunities. It is imperative to trade wisely with your money. Be smart about your investment choices.

gasprijs

Category: Forex Trading